Compact fluro bulbs give off healthy levels of UVA and UVB in the range of 280-380nm with peaks at 310 and 330nm. Most vitamin D synthesis occurs at around 310-330nm. Tested to last for 7,000 lighting hours on average. An essential item for most reptile collections. Various wattages available. For best results replace these bulbs every six months to a year.
- Compact fluro spiral shape
- Wattage: 26W
- UV output: 2.0UVB
- Standard ES screw size fitting
UV is a natural component of sunlight that reptiles require in order to maintain a normal and healthy lifestyle. UVA has been shown to stimulate activity, feeding, and breeding. UVB is required for the effective synthesise vitamin D which in turn results in healthy growth and development. Without adequate amounts of vitamin D reptiles can become unhealthy with scale and bone problems being indicative of problems here.
UV lights specifically made for use with reptiles concentrate at the safe levels of the UV spectrum and are therefore beneficial to reptiles that are being kept in an artificial environment.
Our bulbs are very reliable and should last you for many months under normal usage. Despite this bulbs can blow for a number of reasons mostly pertaining to electricity supply. The following bulb care tips should help to prolong the life of your bulbs.
Bulb care tips:
- Store new bulbs in a cool location away from direct sunlight until they are ready for use.
- Avoid touching the bulb surface.
- Ensure that light fitting is turned off before replacing bulbs.
- It is best not you to use a switching thermostat in conjunction with light bulbs and limit the frequency of switching the bulbs on and off.
- Protect bulbs from water spray especially when they are running hot.
- Install surge protection.